List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Kebbel Date:April 25 2007 12:44pm
Subject:What is /*!40101 SET @...
View as plain text
I've been developing Perl/ PHP and MySQL applications on a small scale for years,
reworking my small core of knowledge over and over again. I recently decided to hit the
books and shoot for certification as a MySQL CMDEV. Most of my questions have answers in
my books and on web sites, but I occassionally run into stuff so weird, I don't even know
how to phrase a web query. For example, what is this? It appears at the top of a data
dump. I recognize the Create and Insert sections, but this is Greek.

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
/*!40101 SET
@OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
/*!40101 SET
@OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION */;
/*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */;
/*!40014
SET @OLD_UNIQUE_CHECKS=@@UNIQUE_CHECKS, UNIQUE_CHECKS=0 */;
/*!40014 SET
@OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@@FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS, FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */;
/*!40101 SET
@OLD_SQL_MODE=@@SQL_MODE, SQL_MODE='NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO' */;
/*!40111 SET
@OLD_SQL_NOTES=@@SQL_NOTES, SQL_NOTES=0 */;
Thread
What is /*!40101 SET @...John Kebbel25 Apr
  • Re: What is /*!40101 SET @...Paul DuBois25 Apr
    • IBM, MySQL team up on database softwareCharles Brown25 Apr