List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:lists Date:April 20 2007 8:09am
Subject:UPDATE and INSERT in one
View as plain text
Hi,

I want to update a table if it meets some conditions (already exist)
and INSERT otherwise?

Right now I am doing it this way:

1. SELECT the record
2. If it exist, I UPDATE it
3. If it does not exit, I INSERT a new record

Could this be done in one query? I mean like conditional update/insert?

/Peter

Thread
UPDATE and INSERT in onelists20 Apr
  • Re: UPDATE and INSERT in oneJohan Höök20 Apr
    • INSERT ... ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE seems so close and yet so far...Daevid Vincent28 Apr
      • Re: INSERT ... ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE seems so close and yet sofar...Philip Hallstrom28 Apr
        • RE: INSERT ... ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE seems so close and yet so far...Daevid Vincent30 Apr
  • Re: UPDATE and INSERT in oneDavid Precious20 Apr
Re: UPDATE and INSERT in onewang shuming20 Apr