List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:molemenacer Date:April 19 2007 2:53pm
Subject:Re: Trying to open a big sql script
View as plain text
I am trying to change all the names of the database from mthosp to another
name, is this possible?

Dan Buettner-2 wrote:

> That's a much larger file than most any text editor would work with, in my
> experience.  I'd give BBEdit on the Mac a try if nothing else, but my
> expectations would not be too high.
>
> For examining and altering a file that large I'd try grep, awk, sed, perl,
> etc.
>
> Barring that, one thing you might do is use perl or another scripting
> language (or perhaps some utility software) to read the file in 100 MB or
> so
> chunks and write out to a series of smaller files.  Edit the smaller
> files,
> then use shell command to cat them all back into one bigger file.
>
> HTH,
> Dan
>

> On 4/19/07, molemenacer <rossfarley@stripped> wrote:
>>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have backed up a database using mysqldump and have a .sql script that
>> is
>> over 2GB in size.  I am trying to open this file to view it and make some
>> changes.  I have not been able to find a program that can open this file.
>>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions as to a program that can do this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> --

Trying to open a big sql scriptmolemenacer19 Apr
  • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptDuncan Hill19 Apr
    • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptMogens Melander19 Apr
      • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptMichael Dykman19 Apr
  • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptDan Buettner19 Apr
    • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptmolemenacer19 Apr
      • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptDuncan Hill19 Apr
        • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptJoerg Bruehe20 Apr
          • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptGerald L. Clark20 Apr
      • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptMogens Melander19 Apr
RE: Trying to open a big sql scriptAndreas Iwanowski20 Apr