List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Buettner Date:April 19 2007 10:53am
Subject:Re: Trying to open a big sql script
View as plain text
That's a much larger file than most any text editor would work with, in my
experience.  I'd give BBEdit on the Mac a try if nothing else, but my
expectations would not be too high.

For examining and altering a file that large I'd try grep, awk, sed, perl,
etc.

Barring that, one thing you might do is use perl or another scripting
language (or perhaps some utility software) to read the file in 100 MB or so
chunks and write out to a series of smaller files.  Edit the smaller files,
then use shell command to cat them all back into one bigger file.

HTH,
Dan

On 4/19/07, molemenacer <rossfarley@stripped> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have backed up a database using mysqldump and have a .sql script that is
> over 2GB in size.  I am trying to open this file to view it and make some
> changes.  I have not been able to find a program that can open this file.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to a program that can do this?
>
> Thanks in advance

Trying to open a big sql scriptmolemenacer19 Apr
  • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptDuncan Hill19 Apr
    • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptMogens Melander19 Apr
      • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptMichael Dykman19 Apr
  • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptDan Buettner19 Apr
    • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptmolemenacer19 Apr
      • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptDuncan Hill19 Apr
        • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptJoerg Bruehe20 Apr
          • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptGerald L. Clark20 Apr
      • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptMogens Melander19 Apr
RE: Trying to open a big sql scriptAndreas Iwanowski20 Apr