List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Duncan Hill Date:April 19 2007 10:48am
Subject:Re: Trying to open a big sql script
View as plain text
On Thursday 19 April 2007 11:43:34 molemenacer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have backed up a database using mysqldump and have a .sql script that is
> over 2GB in size.  I am trying to open this file to view it and make some
> changes.  I have not been able to find a program that can open this file.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to a program that can do this?

You need an editor that will only load the current view of the file into
memory.  I'm not sure that such a beast exists, other than stream editors
such as sed or perl.  Can the changes you need to make be done with stream
editing (simple changes like changing a word or two are very easy with stream
editor)?
Thread
Trying to open a big sql scriptmolemenacer19 Apr
  • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptDuncan Hill19 Apr
    • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptMogens Melander19 Apr
      • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptMichael Dykman19 Apr
  • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptDan Buettner19 Apr
    • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptmolemenacer19 Apr
      • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptDuncan Hill19 Apr
        • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptJoerg Bruehe20 Apr
          • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptGerald L. Clark20 Apr
      • Re: Trying to open a big sql scriptMogens Melander19 Apr
RE: Trying to open a big sql scriptAndreas Iwanowski20 Apr