List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ming Xin PSE NKG He Date:April 18 2007 3:03am
Subject:Problem on millions of records in one table?
View as plain text
Hi,all

The number of the records in one table increase constantly. As
evaluated, the amount would increase to at least 30 millions within one
year.  So we worry about whether mysql could handle such a big amount of
records with good performance. Or need we some other solutions to avoid
this problem ,such as using Partition, dividing a big table and etc. Any
help or idea would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
mingxin

Thread
Problem on millions of records in one table?Ming Xin PSE NKG He18 Apr
  • Re: Problem on millions of records in one table?Dan Nelson18 Apr
  • Re: Problem on millions of records in one table?Brent Baisley18 Apr
    • Re: Problem on millions of records in one table?Jay Pipes18 Apr
      • RE: Problem on millions of records in one table?Ming Xin PSE NKG He19 Apr
        • Re: Problem on millions of records in one table?Jay Pipes19 Apr
    • RE: Problem on millions of records in one table?Ming Xin PSE NKG He19 Apr