List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:April 17 2007 2:11pm
Subject:RE: Max columns in a tabel in MyISAM storage engine
View as plain text
Not necessarily. I do precisely this for a data base whose structure I do
not control. I stuff

|code1|code2|code3| ...

Into an unused text field. The users can query on LIKE "%|code2|%. The key
is to have a delimiter at the start and end of the entire list, so that the
string match doesn't get confused.

Of course, this would probably be painfully slow. I can't say whether or not
it would be slower than the other alternatives.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341

Max columns in a tabel in MyISAM storage engineFabian Köhler17 Apr
  • Re: Max columns in a tabel in MyISAM storage engineViSolve DB Team17 Apr
  • Re: Max columns in a tabel in MyISAM storage engineMicah Stevens17 Apr
    • Re: Max columns in a tabel in MyISAM storage engineFabian Köhler17 Apr
      • Re: Max columns in a tabel in MyISAM storage engineMicah Stevens17 Apr
    • Re: Max columns in a tabel in MyISAM storage engineFabian Köhler17 Apr
    • Re: Max columns in a tabel in MyISAM storage engineFabian Köhler17 Apr
  • Re: Max columns in a tabel in MyISAM storage engineStijn Verholen17 Apr
  • Re: Max columns in a tabel in MyISAM storage engineMartijn Tonies17 Apr
  • RE: Max columns in a tabel in MyISAM storage engineJerry Schwartz17 Apr