List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark van Herpen Date:April 16 2007 10:14am
Subject:Problem with mysqldump and local-infile
View as plain text
Hi,

I want to backup my databases with mysqldump, but mysqldump won't run
because I use the 'local-infile=1' option in the my.cnf file:

[client]
port            = 3306
socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
local-infile    = 1

This is because I want php and other clients to use local-infile. This
works, by when I start mysqldump I got this error:

~ # mysqldump
mysqldump: unknown variable 'local-infile=1'

So, what is wrong? As far as I know local-infile is a valid option to
put in the my.cnf.

Is there a way to unset the local-infile option and start then start
mysqldump or something? Or any other solution?

Grtz,

Mark van Herpen

Thread
Problem with mysqldump and local-infileMark van Herpen16 Apr
  • Re: Problem with mysqldump and local-infileMogens Melander16 Apr
  • Re: Problem with mysqldump and local-infileDing Deng16 Apr