List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:April 13 2007 11:32pm
Subject:Re: creating a function in mysql
View as plain text
Andrey Dmitriev wrote:
> Thanks, that works..
>
> Next question
>
> Does MySql support using it's own functions within this code?
>
> E.g. I tried
>
> set str = select concat (str,'hello');
> set str = concat (str, 'hello');
>
> And it didn't seem to like either.

Eliminate the spaces between the function name and the parens and it'll be
happier.  There's a configuration setting that controls this if you really want
to tweak it, but I always just eliminate the parens.

Baron
Thread
creating a function in mysqlAndrey Dmitriev13 Apr
  • Re: creating a function in mysqlPeter Brawley13 Apr
    • RE: creating a function in mysqlAndrey Dmitriev14 Apr
      • Re: creating a function in mysqlPeter Brawley14 Apr
      • Re: creating a function in mysqlBaron Schwartz14 Apr