List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mogens Melander Date:April 13 2007 10:58pm
Subject:Re: how to tell if something hasn't happened yet
View as plain text
How about this:

select s.* from store s
  where s.id not in
    (select t.storeid from trans t where t.created=date(now()));

--
Later

Mogens Melander
+45 40 85 71 38
+66 870 133 224

On Sat, April 14, 2007 00:22, Jay Blanchard wrote:
> Good day gurus and gurettes!
>
> I have a table;
>
> | transactionid | int(11)     | NO   | PRI |         | auto_increment |
> | username      | varchar(32) | NO   |     |         |                |
> | storeid       | varchar(6)  | NO   |     |         |                |
> | action        | int(4)      | NO   |     |         |                |
> | code          | int(2)      | NO   |     |         |                |
> | ipAddr        | varchar(32) | NO   |     |         |                |
> | created       | datetime    | NO   | MUL |         |                |
> | created_by    | varchar(32) | NO   |     |         |                |
>
> I used to have a query (I have misplaced it somehow) where I could tell
> which storied had not logged in (created) today yet. No matter how hard
> I try I cannot remember the query.
>
> What I need is a query that will tell me at any given point during the
> day which storeid is not online (created). I do have a sister table
> where all of the storeid's are, so the join happens there. I can test
> created for IS NULL but it does not limit the query to today.
>
> select store.storeid, store.stName
> from store left outer join transaction
> on(store.storeid = transaction.storeid)
> where transaction.created IS NULL
> and store.active = 'yes'
> group by store.storeid;
>
> How can I limit this to today only without having to hard code a date
> into the query?
>
> TVMIA!

> dangerous content by OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is
> believed to be clean.

dangerous content by OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is
believed to be clean.

Thread
how to tell if something hasn't happened yetJay Blanchard14 Apr
  • RE: how to tell if something hasn't happened yetAndrey Dmitriev14 Apr
Re: how to tell if something hasn't happened yetMogens Melander14 Apr
  • RE: how to tell if something hasn't happened yetJay Blanchard16 Apr
    • RE: how to tell if something hasn't happened yet - SOLVEDJay Blanchard16 Apr
RE: how to tell if something hasn't happened yetMogens Melander17 Apr
  • RE: how to tell if something hasn't happened yetMogens Melander17 Apr