List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Blanchard Date:April 13 2007 10:22pm
Subject:how to tell if something hasn't happened yet
View as plain text
Good day gurus and gurettes!

I have a table;

| transactionid | int(11)     | NO   | PRI |         | auto_increment |
| username      | varchar(32) | NO   |     |         |                |
| storeid       | varchar(6)  | NO   |     |         |                |
| action        | int(4)      | NO   |     |         |                |
| code          | int(2)      | NO   |     |         |                |
| ipAddr        | varchar(32) | NO   |     |         |                |
| created       | datetime    | NO   | MUL |         |                |
| created_by    | varchar(32) | NO   |     |         |                |

I used to have a query (I have misplaced it somehow) where I could tell
which storied had not logged in (created) today yet. No matter how hard
I try I cannot remember the query.

What I need is a query that will tell me at any given point during the
day which storeid is not online (created). I do have a sister table
where all of the storeid's are, so the join happens there. I can test
created for IS NULL but it does not limit the query to today.

select store.storeid, store.stName
from store left outer join transaction
on(store.storeid = transaction.storeid)
where transaction.created IS NULL
and store.active = 'yes'
group by store.storeid;

How can I limit this to today only without having to hard code a date
into the query?

TVMIA!
Thread
how to tell if something hasn't happened yetJay Blanchard14 Apr
  • RE: how to tell if something hasn't happened yetAndrey Dmitriev14 Apr
Re: how to tell if something hasn't happened yetMogens Melander14 Apr
  • RE: how to tell if something hasn't happened yetJay Blanchard16 Apr
    • RE: how to tell if something hasn't happened yet - SOLVEDJay Blanchard16 Apr
RE: how to tell if something hasn't happened yetMogens Melander17 Apr
  • RE: how to tell if something hasn't happened yetMogens Melander17 Apr