List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:April 13 2007 9:57pm
Subject:Re: Mysql Hogging all system resources
View as plain text
In the last episode (Apr 13), Don O'Neil said:
> Nevermind on the "badly formatted number"... I specified the full path
> /usr/bin/nice and it worked ok this time :-)
>
> However, I still want to know if there is a way to specify a nice
> level for an entire users processes.

If you create a login class in /etc/login.conf and set the priority
capability, then assign a user to that class in /etc/master.passwd (the
class field is the 5th one, it's usually empty), then their priority
(aka niceness) should get set then they log in.  Remember to use the
'vipw' command to edit the passwd file, and to run 'cap_mkdb
/etc/login.conf' to rebuild login.conf.db.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped