List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chuck Swiger Date:April 13 2007 6:38pm
Subject:Re: Mysql Hogging all system resources
View as plain text
On Apr 12, 2007, at 1:17 PM, Don O'Neil wrote:
[ ... ]
> Is there a way to prioritize or set the amount of resources that
> MySQL is
> allowed to have? Do I need to set it up as a jailed process maybe?
> I've
> never done that before, so I'm not sure if it's the right approach
> or not.

Um, didn't you ask this question yesterday?  Use nice/renice to
change the process priority of the MySQL server so that you don't
starve other processes of CPU....

--
-Chuck

Thread
Mysql Hogging all system resourcesDon O'Neil12 Apr
  • Re: Mysql Hogging all system resourcesChuck Swiger13 Apr
    • RE: Mysql Hogging all system resourcesDon O'Neil13 Apr
      • RE: Mysql Hogging all system resourcesDon O'Neil13 Apr
        • Re: Mysql Hogging all system resourcesDan Nelson13 Apr
          • RE: Mysql Hogging all system resourcesDon O'Neil14 Apr
      • Re: Mysql Hogging all system resourcesChuck Swiger13 Apr
        • RE: Mysql Hogging all system resourcesAndrey Dmitriev13 Apr