List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 19 1999 9:17am
Subject:Re: database corruption
View as plain text
>>>>> "unknown" == unknown  <unknown@stripped> writes:

unknown> Hmm... well, I'm using Linux.  I just checked on the server, and there
unknown> wasn't any kind of problem so far... When I get the table screwups, MySQL
unknown> statys running just fine.  I can do queries on the other tables.  In fact,
unknown> I can even do some operationsm like count(*), it just seems to bail on
unknown> inserts.  Should I put --skip-locking?

unknown> ---
unknown> tani hosokawa
unknown> river styx internet

On Linux you must use --skip-locking. (The lockd daemon is buggy)

Note that if you run 'isamchk' without -r on a table that mysqld is
updating, you will get warnings that the table is corrupted even if it
isn't.  You will however not get warnings for correct tables.

Please read the manual section 'What to do if MySQL keeps crashing'.
If mysqld doesn't die, it should be fairly easy to make a test that
shows the above problem.

How have you compiled mysql?  I found out a couple of days ago that if
one increases the 'N_MAX_KEY_LENGTH' flag over 256 one may get
problems in some context.  Apart from the above, I am not aware of
any bugs that would crash the tables.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
database corruptionunknown18 Apr
  • database corruptionMichael Widenius19 Apr
    • Re: database corruptionunknown19 Apr
      • Re: database corruptionMichael Widenius19 Apr
        • Re: database corruptionunknown19 Apr
          • Re: database corruptionMichael Widenius19 Apr
            • Re: database corruptionunknown20 Apr