List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thufir Date:April 12 2007 7:58am
Subject: can't import
View as plain text
I'm at total loss.  apparently, error 13 relates to file permissions?  what
could possibly be preventing the import?

<http://paste.husk.org/8073> for:

[thufir@localhost ~]$
[thufir@localhost ~]$ ll /tmp/abc.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 thufir thufir 33 Apr 12 06:59 /tmp/abc.txt
[thufir@localhost ~]$ cat /tmp/abc.txt
A1, B1, C1
A2, B2, C2
A3, B3, C3
[thufir@localhost ~]$ mysql -u root
Your MySQL connection id is 5 to server version: 5.0.27

mysql> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| alpha              |
| bravo              |
| charlie            |
| delta              |
| mysql              |
| test               |
+--------------------+
7 rows in set (0.09 sec)

mysql> use delta;

Database changed
mysql> show tables;
+-----------------+
| Tables_in_delta |
+-----------------+
| abc             |
+-----------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> describe abc;
+-------+------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-------+------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| a     | text | NO   |     |         |       |
| b     | text | NO   |     |         |       |
| c     | text | NO   |     |         |       |
+-------+------+------+-----+---------+-------+
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> LOAD DATA INFILE '/tmp/abc.txt' INTO TABLE delta.abc FIELDS TERMINATED BY
',' LINES TERMINATED BY '/r/n';
ERROR 13 (HY000): Can't get stat of '/tmp/abc.txt' (Errcode: 13)
mysql> exit
Bye
[thufir@localhost ~]$ date
Thu Apr 12 08:53:37 BST 2007
[thufir@localhost ~]$
[thufir@localhost ~]$

(I've even tried it as root, same result.  this implies to me that the source of
the message is with mysql rather than linux per se.)

thanks,

Thufir

Thread
can't importThufir12 Apr