List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:wangxu Date:April 12 2007 7:38am
Subject:Re: when rebuilding keys?
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
From: "Martijn Tonies" <m.tonies@stripped>
To: <wangxu@stripped>; <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 3:17 PM

>> yes.

>> > You want to rebuild the indices after loading data,
>> > correct?
>
> Then what exactly is the question?
>

> Please write your answer BELOW, not above.
>
> Martijn Tonies
> Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, NexusDB, Oracle &
> MS SQL Server
> Upscene Productions
> http://www.upscene.com
> My thoughts:
> http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
> Database development questions? Check the forum!
> http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

sorry ,my english is poor.

There is  a  observable event.
My table's engine is myisam.
Rows above 1000000 in my table.
I did "alter table ......disable keys" before loading data.
I did "alter table ......enable keys" after loading data.
The operation of enable keys is so fast!

I am not sure than if the keys have been rebuild.I think the course of rebuilding should need very long time.
Thread
when rebuilding keys?wangxu11 Apr
  • Re: when rebuilding keys?Martijn Tonies11 Apr
  • Re: when rebuilding keys?wangxu11 Apr
  • Re: when rebuilding keys?Martijn Tonies11 Apr
  • Re: when rebuilding keys?wangxu12 Apr
  • Re: when rebuilding keys?Martijn Tonies12 Apr
  • Re: when rebuilding keys?wangxu12 Apr
  • RE: when rebuilding keys?Mark Addison12 Apr
  • Re: when rebuilding keys?Martijn Tonies12 Apr