List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:wangxu Date:April 12 2007 2:40pm
Subject:Re: Can I create a index on a column of Type datetime?
View as plain text
No,I am just asking for a solution to speed up my queries.
Martijn Tonies wrote:

>> I will very often do query like this:
>>
>> select * from mytable where create_date >='...' and create_date <='....'
>>
>> can I create a index on the column create_date?
>>

> Have you tried it?
>

>> what is the best practise?
>>

> Martijn Tonies
> Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, NexusDB, Oracle &
> MS SQL Server
> Upscene Productions
> http://www.upscene.com
> My thoughts:
> http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
> Database development questions? Check the forum!

Can I create a index on a column of Type datetime?wangxu11 Apr
  • Re: Can I create a index on a column of Type datetime?Martijn Tonies11 Apr
    • Re: Can I create a index on a column of Type datetime?wangxu12 Apr
  • Re: Can I create a index on a column of Type datetime?Brent Baisley12 Apr
Re: Can I create a index on a column of Type datetime?wangxu12 Apr