List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:April 11 2007 5:43pm
Subject:Re: Can I create a index on a column of Type datetime?
View as plain text

> I will very often do query like this:
>
> select * from mytable where create_date >='...' and create_date <='....'
>
> can I create a index on the column create_date?

Have you tried it?

> what is the best practise?

Martijn Tonies
MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Can I create a index on a column of Type datetime?wangxu11 Apr
  • Re: Can I create a index on a column of Type datetime?Martijn Tonies11 Apr
    • Re: Can I create a index on a column of Type datetime?wangxu12 Apr
  • Re: Can I create a index on a column of Type datetime?Brent Baisley12 Apr
Re: Can I create a index on a column of Type datetime?wangxu12 Apr