List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christophe Gregoir Date:April 6 2007 8:18am
Subject:Re: question about "Queries per second avg"
View as plain text
Ofcourse, the number of queries is just the value of Questions.

Christophe Gregoir wrote:
> I have to admit, Google doesn't provide much information.
> Let's take a closer look and see if we can't figure out ourselves what
> that value means.
>
> Here is the output of `mysqladmin status` on my development box:
>  Uptime: 7510  Threads: 3  Questions: 4123  Slow queries: 0  Opens:
> 713  Flush tables: 1  Open tables: 64  Queries per second avg: 0.549
>
> The number of queries would be Questions + Slow queries.
> See if you can spot where mysqladmin gets its time count and use it to
> divide the previous sum.
>
> Your box isn't underperforming, it just isn't under a high load.
>
> Question answered ?
>

> grtz
>

> C.R.Vegelin wrote:
>> Thanks Christophe,
>>
>> Question rephrased: how do you explain 0.05 q/s = 20 s/q
>> with an immediate response ?
>>
>> Cor
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christophe Gregoir"
>> <christophe.gregoir@stripped>

Thread
question about "Queries per second avg"C.R.Vegelin6 Apr
  • Re: question about "Queries per second avg"Christophe Gregoir6 Apr
  • Re: question about "Queries per second avg"C.R.Vegelin6 Apr
    • Re: question about "Queries per second avg"Christophe Gregoir6 Apr
      • Re: question about "Queries per second avg"Christophe Gregoir6 Apr
      • Re: question about "Queries per second avg"Mogens Melander6 Apr
    • RE: question about "Queries per second avg"Jerry Schwartz6 Apr
  • Re: question about "Queries per second avg"Micah Stevens6 Apr