List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christophe Gregoir Date:April 6 2007 8:16am
Subject:Re: question about "Queries per second avg"
View as plain text
I have to admit, Google doesn't provide much information.
Let's take a closer look and see if we can't figure out ourselves what
that value means.

Here is the output of `mysqladmin status` on my development box:
  Uptime: 7510  Threads: 3  Questions: 4123  Slow queries: 0  Opens:
713  Flush tables: 1  Open tables: 64  Queries per second avg: 0.549

The number of queries would be Questions + Slow queries.
See if you can spot where mysqladmin gets its time count and use it to
divide the previous sum.

Your box isn't underperforming, it just isn't under a high load.

Question answered ?

grtz

C.R.Vegelin wrote:
> Thanks Christophe,
>
> Question rephrased: how do you explain 0.05 q/s = 20 s/q
> with an immediate response ?
>
> Cor
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christophe Gregoir"
> <christophe.gregoir@stripped>

Thread
question about "Queries per second avg"C.R.Vegelin6 Apr
  • Re: question about "Queries per second avg"Christophe Gregoir6 Apr
  • Re: question about "Queries per second avg"C.R.Vegelin6 Apr
    • Re: question about "Queries per second avg"Christophe Gregoir6 Apr
      • Re: question about "Queries per second avg"Christophe Gregoir6 Apr
      • Re: question about "Queries per second avg"Mogens Melander6 Apr
    • RE: question about "Queries per second avg"Jerry Schwartz6 Apr
  • Re: question about "Queries per second avg"Micah Stevens6 Apr