List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:April 2 2007 7:43am
Subject:Re: Database Replication Fallover
View as plain text
I forgot to mention that I am running Linux.

If anybody has some idea of software which can do this, I'd be very
interested.

Regards,

Ben

Ben Clewett wrote:
> Dear MySql,
>
> I'm looking into availability and wonder if any member might be able to
> help me.
>
> I have two databases, one Primary and one full Replication.
>
> Normally the primary is used for data input, reports are drawn from the
> replication.
>
> If I loose the Primary, do any members have any software they can
> recommend which:
>
> - Stops the replication daemon.
> - Sets the replication server to Read/Write.
> - Shuts down the primary.
> - Routes traffic to the replication.
>
> Any advise or ideas would be very useful...
>
> Regards,
>
> Ben Clewett.

Thread
Database Replication FalloverBen Clewett30 Mar
  • Re: Database Replication FalloverBen Clewett2 Apr
    • Re: Database Replication FalloverScott Tanner2 Apr
      • Re: Database Replication FalloverBen Clewett3 Apr