List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 19 1999 9:28am
Subject:Windows adminstrator
View as plain text
>>>>> "Stephen" == Stephen H Kapit <shaman@stripped> writes:

Stephen> I'm a complete newbie at this and I'm not even sure I'm in the right forum
> for
Stephen> this.  Anyway, I just d/l the windog adminsitrator version and am trying to
Stephen> use it.  I noticed the server is trying to connect to the internet when I'm
Stephen> logged on.  I thought the idea of this is to administrate offline? Can
> someone
Stephen> help me out here?

Stephen> I'm trying to learn how this mysql stuff works.

Stephen> Thanks.

Stephen> Stephen H. Kapit
Stephen> DreamTime Designs & Newsletter
Stephen> http://www.dreamtime.net

Hi!

The problem is that MySQL clients on Win95/Win98 uses TCP/IP to communicative
with the MySQL server.  If you are using automatic dialup, the dialup
software will call to get an Internet connection even for local
connections.

Fix:  Remove automatic dialup and contact the provider of the dialup
      software and make a bug report about this behaveour..

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Looking for a GUI interface to MySQLJamie Kent19 Apr
  • Re: Looking for a GUI interface to MySQLSasha Pachev19 Apr
  • Windows adminstratorStephen H. Kapit19 Apr
    • Get off listScott Alexander19 Apr
    • Windows adminstratorMichael Widenius19 Apr
  • Re: Windows adminstratorPat Sherrill19 Apr
  • Re: Windows adminstratorStephen H. Kapit19 Apr
  • testStephen H. Kapit20 Apr
  • Why I can not change passwdJingyi Zhou20 Apr
  • Re: Why I can not change passwdSasha Pachev20 Apr