List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Maciej Dobrzanski Date:March 27 2007 10:46am
Subject: Re: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?
View as plain text
In news:BRAKA1DpZd8CRDqasx600000b4e@ style="color:#666">stripped,
"Daevid Vincent" <daevid@stripped> wrote:

> Because we're a huge enterprise product, with 3 databases of > 200
> tables each.
>
> We are migrating from MYISM to INNODB and keeping track of that value
> isn't something we thought we'd need to do. Plus it seems like
> something we _shouldn't_ have to do. That's WHY we use a database.

Have you done any research regarding the effects of changes you are making?
For example, how those two engines differ one from another, what the
strenghts and weaknesses of either engine? I think not. If you did, you
wouldn't be surprised by the easiest to spot difference in behaviour between
MyISAM and InnoDB (and there are plenty more). RDBMS is not an Office
spreadsheet, you cannot simply change software as from OpenOffice Calc to MS
Excel and expect everything will work the same. The migration can be done
with positive effects, but require knowledge of both products.

Maciek

Thread
Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Daevid Vincent26 Mar
  • Re: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Dan Nelson27 Mar
    • RE: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Daevid Vincent27 Mar
      • Re: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Dan Nelson27 Mar
        • RE: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Daevid Vincent27 Mar
          • RE: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Wm Mussatto27 Mar
          • Re: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Jeremy Cole27 Mar
      • Re: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Daniel Kasak27 Mar
        • RE: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Daevid Vincent27 Mar
        • Re: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Maciej Dobrzanski27 Mar
          • RE: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Tim Lucia27 Mar
            • Re: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Jochem van Dieten27 Mar