List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:March 26 2007 11:21pm
Subject:RE: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?
View as plain text
> You're about 5 years too late for this converation, but I recall it

Really? People have just happily accepted this absurd limitation for _five_
years? Wow.

> having to do with the fact that when you're on a table that supports
> transactions, you don't know exactly how many records a particular
> session has available to it unless you actually go and count them.
> Depending on your settings, you may or may not see rows inserted by
> other uncommitted sessions, and they may disappear if the other
> sessions roll their transactions back.

You know how many are *IN* the table on the disk at that particular moment.
That's all that needs to be shown!?
So if someone isn't using transactions, then that number will be accurate.
This isn't rocket science.

> You should probably be filing bug reports or calling your support

Oh. I will. ;-)

> Let us know if you find another database product that supports instant
> count(*)'s on transactioned tables.

I don't care what other RDMS are or are not doing.
I care what the one I'm paying for is not doing.

Thread
Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Daevid Vincent26 Mar
  • Re: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Dan Nelson27 Mar
    • RE: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Daevid Vincent27 Mar
      • Re: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Dan Nelson27 Mar
        • RE: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Daevid Vincent27 Mar
          • RE: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Wm Mussatto27 Mar
          • Re: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Jeremy Cole27 Mar
      • Re: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Daniel Kasak27 Mar
        • RE: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Daevid Vincent27 Mar
        • Re: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Maciej Dobrzanski27 Mar
          • RE: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Tim Lucia27 Mar
            • Re: Why doesn't the InnoDB count() match table status?Jochem van Dieten27 Mar