List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Micah Stevens Date:March 26 2007 11:15pm
Subject:Re: Getting SQL errors porting databases between MySQL v4 and v5
View as plain text
group is a  reserved word, so MySQL thinks you're attempting a 'group
by' statement. Put backticks around group, you should always quote your
table and column names.

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `admission_quotes`;
CREATE TABLE `admission_quotes` (
  `id` int(4) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `quote` text,
  `author` text,
  `category` text,
  `class` text,
  `active` text,
  `group` varchar(5) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

-Micah
On 03/26/2007 10:31 AM, Rob Tanner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am porting over 6 databases from a MySQL v4 installation to a MySQL
> v5 installation and getting an SQL error in the process.
>
> I am using the following command to dump the data in the v4 installation:
>
> mysqldump  -u root --password=secret  --add-drop-table --databases db1
> db2 db3 db4 db5 db6  > db.sql
>
> and using the following command to upload the databases on to the v5
> installation:
>
> mysql -u root -p < db.sql
>
> But then I get this error:
>
>     ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 140784: You have an error in your SQL
>     syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server
>     version for the right syntax to use near 'group varchar(5) default
>     NULL,
>       PRIMARY KEY  (id)
>     ) TYPE=MyISAM' at line 8
>

> The whole create table sequence from the db.sql file is:
>
>     DROP TABLE IF EXISTS admission_quotes;
>     CREATE TABLE admission_quotes (
>       id int(4) NOT NULL auto_increment,
>       quote text,
>       author text,
>       category text,
>       class text,
>       active text,
>       group varchar(5) default NULL,
>       PRIMARY KEY  (id)
>     ) TYPE=MyISAM;
>

> Any idea what the issue is?  Is there something special I need to do
> when porting the databases between MySQL v4 and v5?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob
>

> --
> Rob Tanner
> UNIX Services Manager
> Linfield College, McMinnville OR

Thread
Getting SQL errors porting databases between MySQL v4 and v5Rob Tanner26 Mar
  • Re: Getting SQL errors porting databases between MySQL v4 and v5Brian Mansell26 Mar
    • RE: Getting SQL errors porting databases between MySQL v4 and v5Anil D27 Mar
  • Re: Getting SQL errors porting databases between MySQL v4 and v5Micah Stevens27 Mar