List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 19 1999 9:44am
Subject:DISK FULL
View as plain text
Prasong> Dear all,

Prasong>         I want to know is there any problem to database server or not if the
Prasong>     disk is full ?

Prasong>                 Regards,
Prasong>                 psa

If you get disk full on an insert, the ISAM handler will wait until
you free storage so that it can continue or kill the MySQL thread with
'mysqladmin kill'.  (MySQL will write a message in the mysql.err file
on disk full)

If you don't like this behavour, but would instead like to get an error, you
can edit the mysys/my_write.c and remove the following lines:

    if (my_errno == ENOSPC && (MyFlags & MY_WAIT_IF_FULL))
    {
      if (!(errors++ % MY_WAIT_GIVE_USER_A_MESSAGE))
        my_error(EE_DISK_FULL,MYF(ME_BELL | ME_NOREFRESH),
                 my_filename(Filedes));
      VOID(sleep(MY_WAIT_FOR_USER_TO_FIX_PANIC));
      continue;
    }

Regards,
Monty