List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Tu Date:March 22 2007 3:21pm
Subject:Finding a record in a result set
View as plain text
Is there some quick way to do the following in MySQL?  (I know I can
use PHP to search through the result set, but I wanted to see if
there's a quick way using some sort of query)

Let's say I know that Joe is from Maine.
I want to do a query of all employees from Maine, ordered by hiring
date, and figure out where Joe falls in that list. (i.e. which record
number is he?)

-James

Thread
Finding a record in a result setJames Tu22 Mar
  • Re: Finding a record in a result setPeter Brawley22 Mar
    • Re: Finding a record in a result setRolando Edwards22 Mar
    • RE: Finding a record in a result setJerry Schwartz22 Mar
      • Re: Finding a record in a result setFrancesco Riosa23 Mar
      • SPAM ?Jacques Brignon24 Mar
        • Re: SPAM ?LP24 Mar
        • Re: SPAM ?Martijn Tonies24 Mar
        • Re: SPAM ?Stephen Cook25 Mar
          • RE : SPAM ?Jacques Brignon25 Mar
            • RE : RE : SPAM ? SOLVEDJacques Brignon25 Mar
        • Re: SPAM ?Banyan He25 Mar
          • RE : SPAM ?Jacques Brignon25 Mar
            • Re: SPAM ?Banyan He25 Mar
  • Re: Finding a record in a result setRolando Edwards22 Mar
  • Re: Finding a record in a result setMaciej Dobrzanski24 Mar
    • Re: Finding a record in a result setJames Tu26 Mar
  • Re: Finding a record in a result setJames Tu26 Mar
  • Re: Finding a record in a result setJames Tu4 Apr
    • RE: Finding a record in a result setJerry Schwartz4 Apr
      • Re: Finding a record in a result setDan Buettner4 Apr