List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thiago LPS Date:March 15 2007 11:05am
Subject:Re: Is there a professional quality mySQL GUI for Linux?
View as plain text
I use SQLYog emulated with wine and/or cross over office

it works 100% fine :D

wine sqlyog.exe > Next > Next > Next> Finish

:D

On 3/15/07, Daevid Vincent <daevid@stripped> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a real, quality, professional level mySQL GUI for
> Linux?
> KDE, Gnome, whatever. Doesn't matter. Beggars can't be choosers right.
>
> Something along the lines of SQLYog (Enterprise ideally).
>
> I'm kind of disappointed that I can't seem to find anything. They're all
> either some Admin tool designed to setup users and all that stuff. Yawn.
> Or
> they're so limited, I might as well just use an XP VMWare and a windows
> GUI
> client instead.
>
> Sadly SQLYog has no intentions of porting to Linux :-\
>
> mySQL Query Browser is for the most part useless. It's v1.1.18 and gives
> almost no benefit to using the CLI mode. You can't sort by clicking
> headings. They UI is awkward to use. You can't even set the font sizes, so
> it's HUGE (at least in my KDE it is).
>
> mySQL Workbench is "Alpha", and I couldn't even get it to connect to the
> localhost server (despite the other tools in that package "work")!!?
>
> phpMyAdmin is wonderful -- for a Web UI tool. But not very practical for
> serious development.
>
> Anything else in my search is either equally amateur or simply just an
> inactive or dead project.
>
> How is it that mySQL is effectively a Linux native tool for all intents
> and
> purposes, yet there isn't nearly the level of GUIs for it that there are
> for
> Windows?!

Thiago LPS
C.E.S.A.R - Administrador de Sistemas
msn: thiago.lps@stripped
0xx 81 8735 2591

Is there a professional quality mySQL GUI for Linux?Daevid Vincent15 Mar
  • Re: Is there a professional quality mySQL GUI for Linux?Ow Mun Heng15 Mar
    • RE: Is there a professional quality mySQL GUI for Linux?Daevid Vincent15 Mar
  • Re: Is there a professional quality mySQL GUI for Linux?Martijn Tonies15 Mar
  • Re: Is there a professional quality mySQL GUI for Linux?Thiago LPS15 Mar
  • RE: Is there a professional quality mySQL GUI for Linux?Tim Lucia15 Mar
    • RE: Is there a professional quality mySQL GUI for Linux?ddevaudreuil15 Mar
      • RE: Is there a professional quality mySQL GUI for Linux?Tim Lucia15 Mar
  • Re: Is there a professional quality mySQL GUI for Linux?Mailing Lists19 Mar