List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Aaron Cannon Date:March 13 2007 2:16pm
Subject:Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()
View as plain text

Googling for
ASP AES
I found several promising results.

- --
Skype: cannona
MSN/Windows Messenger: cannona@stripped (don't send email to the hotmail
address.)
- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Neil Tompkins" <neildtompkins@stripped>
To: <mussatto@stripped>
Cc: <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 3:45 AM

> I'm using ASP.  Do you know any resources that I could use ?
>

>>From: "Wm Mussatto" <mussatto@stripped>
>>To: "Neil Tompkins" <neildtompkins@stripped>
>>Subject: Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()
>>Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:27:26 -0700 (PDT)
>>
>>On Mon, March 12, 2007 15:05, Neil Tompkins said:
>> > Do you think these functions would be ideal for my requirements in
>> > terms
>> > of
>> > encrypting credit card numbers when stored in a database ?
>> >
>>Actually, no.  If you are working a language like perl look at encoding
>>the information and then storing it. I think encode and decode are too
>>weak.
>>
>>in perl I use use Crypt::CBC; and then picked a strong cypher. If you use
>>perl, please go to cpan.org for the details.  BTW the reason for using
>>blob type it to avoid truncation. After its encoded removing trailing
>>spaces is a BAD THING.
>>
>>Bill

> card
> is 3.23

> want.
>>I've
> data and
>>are

> binary.

Thread
ENCODE() and DECODE()Neil Tompkins12 Mar
  • Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()William R. Mussatto12 Mar
Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()Wm Mussatto12 Mar
  • Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()Neil Tompkins12 Mar
Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()Neil Tompkins13 Mar
  • Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()Wm Mussatto13 Mar
  • Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()Aaron Cannon13 Mar