List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yashesh Bhatia Date:March 13 2007 3:20pm
Subject:using DISTINCT after the ORDER BY clause has been applied
View as plain text
Hello:

   I had a quick question on using the DISTINCT clause in a SELECT query.

I have the following table which stores webpages viewed

table: page_viewed
page_id int unsigned "page id of the page viewed"
user_id int unsigned "user id of the page viewed"
ts timestamp "timestamp of the page view".

Now i need to query the most recently viewed distinct pages and i have
the following data

page_id  	 user_id  	 ts
1                	1 	2007-03-13 20:40:46
2 	1 	2007-03-13 20:40:53
2 	1 	2007-03-13 20:41:01
1 	1 	2007-03-13 20:41:10

SELECT DISTINCT page_id
FROM page_viewed
WHERE user_id =1
ORDER BY ts DESC

Go Pre
http://www2.localaccess.com/rlalonde/pre.htm
using DISTINCT after the ORDER BY clause has been appliedYashesh Bhatia13 Mar