List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Neil Tompkins Date:March 13 2007 8:45am
Subject:Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()
View as plain text
I'm using ASP.  Do you know any resources that I could use ?

>From: "Wm Mussatto" <mussatto@stripped>
>To: "Neil Tompkins" <neildtompkins@stripped>
>Subject: Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()
>Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:27:26 -0700 (PDT)
>
>On Mon, March 12, 2007 15:05, Neil Tompkins said:
> > Do you think these functions would be ideal for my requirements in terms
> > of
> > encrypting credit card numbers when stored in a database ?
> >
>Actually, no.  If you are working a language like perl look at encoding
>the information and then storing it. I think encode and decode are too
>weak.
>
>in perl I use use Crypt::CBC; and then picked a strong cypher. If you use
>perl, please go to cpan.org for the details.  BTW the reason for using
>blob type it to avoid truncation. After its encoded removing trailing
>spaces is a BAD THING.
>
>Bill
> >

> >>From: "Wm Mussatto" <mussatto@stripped>
> >>To: "Neil Tompkins" <neildtompkins@stripped>
> >>CC: mysql@stripped
> >>Subject: Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()
> >>Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:54:41 -0700 (PDT)

> >>My error, too early in the morning here 'blob'

> numbers
> >> in
> 3.23

>I've
> and
>are

http://www.msn.txt4content.com/

Thread
ENCODE() and DECODE()Neil Tompkins12 Mar
  • Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()William R. Mussatto12 Mar
Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()Wm Mussatto12 Mar
  • Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()Neil Tompkins12 Mar
Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()Neil Tompkins13 Mar
  • Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()Wm Mussatto13 Mar
  • Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()Aaron Cannon13 Mar