List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:William R. Mussatto Date:March 12 2007 5:31pm
Subject:Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()
View as plain text
On Mon, March 12, 2007 8:04, Neil Tompkins said:
> I've been researching the best method to store credit card numbers in a
> database which are saved encrypted.  My version of mysql is 3.23 therefore
> think the only function I could use is
>
> ENCODE() and DECODE().
>
> I've tried these functions and they appear to work as I want.  I've a
> couple
> of questions though, can I use varchar when saving the data and are these
> functions suitable for my requirements ?
>
> Thanks,
> Neil
use 'Bin' versions of fields since the encoded data may be binary.

Bill

Thread
ENCODE() and DECODE()Neil Tompkins12 Mar
  • Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()William R. Mussatto12 Mar
Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()Wm Mussatto12 Mar
  • Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()Neil Tompkins12 Mar
Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()Neil Tompkins13 Mar
  • Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()Wm Mussatto13 Mar
  • Re: ENCODE() and DECODE()Aaron Cannon13 Mar