List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Neil Tompkins Date:March 12 2007 3:04pm
Subject:ENCODE() and DECODE()
View as plain text
I've been researching the best method to store credit card numbers in a
database which are saved encrypted.  My version of mysql is 3.23 therefore I
think the only function I could use is

ENCODE() and DECODE().

I've tried these functions and they appear to work as I want.  I've a couple
of questions though, can I use varchar when saving the data and are these
functions suitable for my requirements ?

Thanks,
Neil