List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:abhishek jain Date:March 5 2007 4:45pm
Subject:Re: Does casing of Table names matter on Linux
View as plain text
On 3/5/07, abhishek jain <mail@stripped> wrote:

>  On 3/1/07, abhishek jain <mail@stripped> wrote:

> > > table name
> > > like
> > > linux, i
> > > some
> > > case.
> > >

> > > Yes.. There is a difference. Casing Matters in *nix.
> > >
> > > However there is an option for turning if off.
> > >
> > > # http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/name-case-sensitivity.html
> > > lower_case_table_names          = 1
> > >

> > > Hi Friends,
> > Thanks for the mails.
> > Now i have made a mistake.In mine code i have somwhere capital case and
> > in other place the small case for the table names.
> > I cannot change the case in mine code and cannot resist the change to
> > the Linux .
> > What is the remedy now i mean can something be done now to make linux be
> > case insensitive,
> > Pl. help me,
> > Thanks,
> > Abhishek jain
> >

> So friends ,
> If anyone know abt the sol. pl. let me know
> Thanks,
> Abhishek jain

Thread
Does casing of Table names matter on Linuxabhishek jain28 Feb
  • Re: Does casing of Table names matter on LinuxOw Mun Heng28 Feb
    • Re: Does casing of Table names matter on Linuxabhishek jain1 Mar
  • Re: Does casing of Table names matter on LinuxMartijn Tonies28 Feb
  • Re: Does casing of Table names matter on LinuxMario Guenterberg28 Feb
Re: Does casing of Table names matter on Linuxabhishek jain5 Mar
  • Re: Does casing of Table names matter on LinuxGerald L. Clark5 Mar
  • Specific mysql Trigger questionWinn Johnston5 Mar