List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matthias Henze Date:March 5 2007 2:24pm
Subject:Re: migrating 4.0 to 5.0
View as plain text
Am Montag, 5. März 2007 14:35 schrieb Martijn Tonies:
> Hi,
>
> > i've still serious trouble in migrating databases createted with 4.0 to
> 5.0.
> > the problems is still the charset. i'm connecting to mysql with php and
> when
> > i try to use the 5.0 db german special chars are messed up. afaik 4.0
> > uses latin charset and 5.0 utf8 by default. can some one please give me a
> > hint
> how
>
> > to migrate ? i think i'm just too stupid  :-)
>
> Why not set your database to latin instead?

tried this with out success - how to do it right ? reagrdless what my.cnf is
set to e.g. phpmyadmin reports to me that the db charset is UTF8. when i look
at the tables they show up as latin1 but my own php apps do not who german
special chars as they used to ...

Thread
migrating 4.0 to 5.0Matthias Henze5 Mar
  • Re: migrating 4.0 to 5.0Mario Guenterberg5 Mar
  • Re: migrating 4.0 to 5.0Martijn Tonies5 Mar
    • Re: migrating 4.0 to 5.0Matthias Henze5 Mar
  • Re: migrating 4.0 to 5.0Martijn Tonies5 Mar
RE: migrating 4.0 to 5.0Timothy Little9 Mar