List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:March 5 2007 1:35pm
Subject:Re: migrating 4.0 to 5.0
View as plain text
Hi,

> i've still serious trouble in migrating databases createted with 4.0 to
5.0.
> the problems is still the charset. i'm connecting to mysql with php and
when
> i try to use the 5.0 db german special chars are messed up. afaik 4.0 uses
> latin charset and 5.0 utf8 by default. can some one please give me a hint
how
> to migrate ? i think i'm just too stupid  :-)

Why not set your database to latin instead?

Martijn Tonies
MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
migrating 4.0 to 5.0Matthias Henze5 Mar
  • Re: migrating 4.0 to 5.0Mario Guenterberg5 Mar
  • Re: migrating 4.0 to 5.0Martijn Tonies5 Mar
    • Re: migrating 4.0 to 5.0Matthias Henze5 Mar
  • Re: migrating 4.0 to 5.0Martijn Tonies5 Mar
RE: migrating 4.0 to 5.0Timothy Little9 Mar