List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bryan Cantwell Date:March 3 2007 6:38pm
Subject:Need sql optimization help
View as plain text
I have the following sql that works for what I want to see but is
terribly slow due to the subquery. Any suggestions on how to get same
result faster? I have tried group by and cant seem to get the correct
results that way....

Also is there a product that can help optimize sql and indexing?

SELECT DISTINCT e.severity, e.time_stamp, replace(e.description,
'{HOSTNAME}', h.host) AS description, h.host, h.hostid, e.value,
e.triggerid, s.color FROM fs_events e, hosts h, fs_severity s WHERE
e.hostid = 10011 AND e.hostid = h.hostid AND e.time_stamp = (SELECT
max(time_stamp) FROM fs_events WHERE triggerid = e.triggerid) and
e.severity = s.severityid ORDER BY e.time_stamp DESC
Thread
Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?Chris Boot2 Mar
  • Re: Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?Rolando Edwards2 Mar
    • Re: Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?Rolando Edwards2 Mar
      • Re: Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?Chris Boot2 Mar
        • Re: Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?Jay Pipes2 Mar
          • Re: Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?Chris Boot2 Mar
            • Re: Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?Jay Pipes2 Mar
              • Re: Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?Chris Boot2 Mar
        • Need sql optimization helpBryan Cantwell3 Mar
          • Re: Need sql optimization helpPeter Brawley3 Mar
            • RE: Need sql optimization helpBryan Cantwell3 Mar
              • Re: Need sql optimization helpMichael Dykman3 Mar
                • Re: Need sql optimization helpPeter Brawley3 Mar