List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Anoop kumar V Date:March 3 2007 3:42pm
Subject:Re: Database table with unique no duplications
View as plain text
Maybe I have understood the requirement incorrectly.

here is what I think the author wants:
He has a table with 3 fields:
table1
col1, col2, col3

Now when a row is inserted he wants to ensure that 2 fields are unique:
(col1 & col2) OR (col2 & col3) OR (col1 & col3).

So - to understand the requirement more accurately, I asked the author to
send across the table creation script etc. so that I can understand his
reqt. better....

If all he wants is to keep 2 columns UNIQUE, then it is a non-issue - he can
just use the unique index constraint...

Anoop

--
Thanks and best regards,
Anoop

Thread
Database table with unique no duplicationsKory Wheatley2 Mar
  • Re: Database table with unique no duplicationsAlexander Lind2 Mar
  • Re: Database table with unique no duplicationsAnoop kumar V2 Mar
    • Re: Database table with unique no duplicationsjs 3 Mar
      • Re: Database table with unique no duplicationsAnoop kumar V3 Mar