List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Boot Date:March 2 2007 6:34pm
Subject:Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?
View as plain text
All,

I'm running a loaded MySQL server and every so often MySQL seems to refuse
connections in batches, which manifests itself as the following errors in PHP:

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'
(11) [path to file] on line [x]

I've got a carefully tuned my.ini and Apache configuration, which can
theoretically process 400 connections at a time and this works most of the time.
MySQL is set to accept 600 simultaneous connections though this is never reached
(according to phpMyAdmin's stats anyway). I've upped the open files limit on
MySQL and Apache (PHP runs as a module).

At this stage I'm completely out of ideas as to what I can do to fix my problem.
Any ideas? What extra information can I provide that could help?

Many thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Boot
bootc@stripped

Thread
Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?Chris Boot2 Mar
  • Re: Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?Rolando Edwards2 Mar
    • Re: Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?Rolando Edwards2 Mar
      • Re: Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?Chris Boot2 Mar
        • Re: Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?Jay Pipes2 Mar
          • Re: Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?Chris Boot2 Mar
            • Re: Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?Jay Pipes2 Mar
              • Re: Heavily-loaded MySQL: Resource temporarily unavavailable?Chris Boot2 Mar
        • Need sql optimization helpBryan Cantwell3 Mar
          • Re: Need sql optimization helpPeter Brawley3 Mar
            • RE: Need sql optimization helpBryan Cantwell3 Mar
              • Re: Need sql optimization helpMichael Dykman3 Mar
                • Re: Need sql optimization helpPeter Brawley3 Mar