List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Anoop kumar V Date:March 1 2007 11:53pm
Subject:Re: Database table with unique no duplications
View as plain text
I would suggest you put an after insert trigger which does the validation
for you. If 2 fields are already null then it will just return an error and
rollback else it will allow the insert to be committed.

regards,
Anoop

On 3/1/07, Kory Wheatley <wheakorypersonal@stripped> wrote:

> I have a database called accountcreation, and I want to setup a table
> called accountinfo.  This table will require that two out of the three
> fields need to be "UNIQUE", I don't want duplications in these fields.  One
> field is a integer value the other field is a character value.  What is the
> best way to set this table up?

Thread
Database table with unique no duplicationsKory Wheatley2 Mar
  • Re: Database table with unique no duplicationsAlexander Lind2 Mar
  • Re: Database table with unique no duplicationsAnoop kumar V2 Mar
    • Re: Database table with unique no duplicationsjs 3 Mar
      • Re: Database table with unique no duplicationsAnoop kumar V3 Mar