List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ross Vandegrift Date:March 1 2007 11:24pm
Subject:Replication performance questions
View as plain text
Hi guys,

We have a MySQL database that we replicate to about a dozen clients
and we hope to be increasing that number to about 15-20.  The database
has two tables.  One is negligably small and changes maybe once a
month.  The second is about 1.3 million rows and grows at the rate of
about 800-1000 rows per day.  Both use MyISAM.

We've recently been seeing some performance issues with our
application that manages inserts and updates to the master database.
I have some questions on this front:

1) Does increasing the number of replication slaves increase query
latency on the master?  We're considering tiering the replication if
it might help - replicate the master to two slaves, each of which
replicates to ten clients.

2) Is there a chance that the insert latency is coming from the fact
that the table is growing so long?  At a certain point, even with
indexes, I imagine that the engine is going to have to do some linear
searching.

Thanks for any input!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@stripped

man in the bonds of Hell."
Replication performance questionsRoss Vandegrift2 Mar
  • RE: Replication performance questionsGary W. Smith2 Mar
    • RE: Replication performance questionsGary W. Smith2 Mar
    • Re: Replication performance questionsRoss Vandegrift2 Mar
      • RE: Replication performance questionsGary W. Smith2 Mar
        • Re: Replication performance questionsRoss Vandegrift2 Mar
          • RE: Replication performance questionsGary W. Smith2 Mar
            • Re: Replication performance questionsRoss Vandegrift6 Mar
              • Re: Replication performance questionsAtle Veka9 Mar