List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:February 28 2007 9:47am
Subject:Re: Does casing of Table names matter on Linux
View as plain text
Hi,

> I have been developing one application over Windows and now i want to
> move/port that into linux, i want to know will the casing of the table
name
> matter on linux ie if i have table name as tab1 and i execute query like
> select * from TAb1 ,will it make an effect.
> I have found that this is not a problem on windows but it is on linux, i
> want a sol. for that a i can not change all the table names as in some
> places it is in small case and in other places it is in capital case.

Yes, this is a problem on Linux if you're using MyISAM etc, anything
that gets mapped to a file system filename.

Martijn Tonies
MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Does casing of Table names matter on Linuxabhishek jain28 Feb
  • Re: Does casing of Table names matter on LinuxOw Mun Heng28 Feb
    • Re: Does casing of Table names matter on Linuxabhishek jain1 Mar
  • Re: Does casing of Table names matter on LinuxMartijn Tonies28 Feb
  • Re: Does casing of Table names matter on LinuxMario Guenterberg28 Feb
Re: Does casing of Table names matter on Linuxabhishek jain5 Mar
  • Re: Does casing of Table names matter on LinuxGerald L. Clark5 Mar
  • Specific mysql Trigger questionWinn Johnston5 Mar