List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ow Mun Heng Date:February 28 2007 9:42am
Subject:Re: Does casing of Table names matter on Linux
View as plain text
On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 15:05 +0530, abhishek jain wrote:
> Hi Friends,
> I have been developing one application over Windows and now i want to
> move/port that into linux, i want to know will the casing of the table name
> matter on linux ie if i have table name as tab1 and i execute query like
> select * from TAb1 ,will it make an effect.
> I have found that this is not a problem on windows but it is on linux, i
> want a sol. for that a i can not change all the table names as in some
> places it is in small case and in other places it is in capital case.

Yes.. There is a difference. Casing Matters in *nix.

However there is an option for turning if off.

# http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/name-case-sensitivity.html
lower_case_table_names          = 1

Thread
Does casing of Table names matter on Linuxabhishek jain28 Feb
  • Re: Does casing of Table names matter on LinuxOw Mun Heng28 Feb
    • Re: Does casing of Table names matter on Linuxabhishek jain1 Mar
  • Re: Does casing of Table names matter on LinuxMartijn Tonies28 Feb
  • Re: Does casing of Table names matter on LinuxMario Guenterberg28 Feb
Re: Does casing of Table names matter on Linuxabhishek jain5 Mar
  • Re: Does casing of Table names matter on LinuxGerald L. Clark5 Mar
  • Specific mysql Trigger questionWinn Johnston5 Mar