List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ryan Stille Date:February 26 2007 6:29pm
Subject:Re: backup stratergy
View as plain text
Whats wrong with using the --single-transaction switch for backing up
InnoDB tables?  What does the Hot Backup product do that this doesn't?

Juan Eduardo Moreno wrote:
> Ananda,
> For Innodb the best is Innodb Hot Backup ( (US$) )
> For MyISAM you can use a simple backup ( copy/paste) of your files. Also,
> you can do snapshots using mysqldump.
> Also, you can use Zmanda (
> Regards,
> Juan Eduardo
> On 2/23/07, Ananda Kumar <anandkl@stripped> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> Can you please direct me to any good documentation for a good backup and
>> recovery stratergy for MyISAM and INNODB in mysql.
>> regards
>> anandkl

backup stratergyAnanda Kumar23 Feb
  • Re: backup stratergyJuan Eduardo Moreno23 Feb
    • Re: backup stratergyAnanda Kumar23 Feb
    • Re: backup stratergyRyan Stille26 Feb
Re: backup stratergyHeikki Tuuri26 Feb