List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Richardson Date:February 22 2007 3:51pm
Subject:pre-create innodb tablespace
View as plain text
Hi,

Can I pre-create innodb tablespace using something like dd (or any other
better tool)?

I have a server that is getting low on innodb table space and I want to add
15GB or so, but I want to minimize downtime. The server is a bit slow and I
estimate it will take around 10-20 minutes or so. I was hoping to 'dd' the
additional table files, add the configuration directives to my.cnf and
restart the server. This would mean my downtime would be whatever time it
takes to restart the server.

Thanks.

Thread
pre-create innodb tablespaceGary Richardson22 Feb
  • Re: pre-create innodb tablespaceMaciej Dobrzanski23 Feb