List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Istvan Hubay Cebrian Date:February 22 2007 2:19pm
Subject:Re: [Fwd: search issue] Duplicating contents of DB within same DB
with different prefix
View as plain text

Chris McKeever-2 wrote:

> On 2/22/07, Istvan Hubay Cebrian <ihc.pub@stripped> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>

>> Say I have a DB named... well... "database1", this db has the following
>> tables:
>
>> What I want to do is copy each of the tables (exactly as they are,
>> including
>> primary keys, data, etc) but at the same time change the prefix to
>> something
>> else (ie: eng_) so that I would end up with:
>>

>> Anyway of accomplishing this? Ideally without having to state each of the
>> tables names. And also that this would work so that you could only
>> duplicate
>> tables that have a certain prefix, so: duplicate only tables that start
>> with
>> "pt_" and change prefix to "es_" for example.
>>

> a suggestion - could you replicate to another server and not worry
> about the prefix?  or is having a different prefix a requirement (as
> opposed to a separate server or even database)
>
> ----
>
> I could do as you sugested, in fact what I am currently doing is
> individual databases for each (in this case) language. But this method
> bothers me somewhat since I am now developing a website which has 6
> languages which would mean 6 databases. I would rather simply have all the
> tables in the same db but each language with a different prefix.
>
> The reason I would rather simply duplicate and change prefix is that I
> develop the site in full for one language then simply duplicate the
> database and change texts, which saves me allot of work since, templates,
> style sheets, etc are all stored in the db.

Duplicating contents of DB within same DB with different prefixIstvan Hubay Cebrian22 Feb
  • Re: Duplicating contents of DB within same DB with different prefixChris McKeever22 Feb
    • Re: [Fwd: search issue] Duplicating contents of DB within same DBwith different prefixIstvan Hubay Cebrian22 Feb
  • Re: Duplicating contents of DB within same DB with different prefixMartijn Tonies22 Feb
    • Re: [Fwd: search issue] Duplicating contents of DB within same DBwith different prefixIstvan Hubay Cebrian22 Feb
  • Re: [Fwd: search issue] Duplicating contents of DB within same DB with different prefixMartijn Tonies22 Feb
    • Re: [Fwd: search issue] Duplicating contents of DB within same DBwith different prefixIstvan Hubay Cebrian22 Feb
  • Re: Duplicating contents of DB within same DB with different prefixMichael Dykman22 Feb
  • Re: [Fwd: search issue] Duplicating contents of DB within same DBwith different prefixIstvan Hubay Cebrian22 Feb