List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris McKeever Date:February 22 2007 1:36pm
Subject:Re: Duplicating contents of DB within same DB with different prefix
View as plain text
On 2/22/07, Istvan Hubay Cebrian <ihc.pub@stripped> wrote:

> Hi everyone,

> Say I have a DB named... well... "database1", this db has the following
> tables:

> What I want to do is copy each of the tables (exactly as they are, including
> primary keys, data, etc) but at the same time change the prefix to something
> else (ie: eng_) so that I would end up with:
>

> Anyway of accomplishing this? Ideally without having to state each of the
> tables names. And also that this would work so that you could only duplicate
> tables that have a certain prefix, so: duplicate only tables that start with
> "pt_" and change prefix to "es_" for example.

a suggestion - could you replicate to another server and not worry
about the prefix?  or is having a different prefix a requirement (as
opposed to a separate server or even database)

Thread
Duplicating contents of DB within same DB with different prefixIstvan Hubay Cebrian22 Feb
  • Re: Duplicating contents of DB within same DB with different prefixChris McKeever22 Feb
    • Re: [Fwd: search issue] Duplicating contents of DB within same DBwith different prefixIstvan Hubay Cebrian22 Feb
  • Re: Duplicating contents of DB within same DB with different prefixMartijn Tonies22 Feb
    • Re: [Fwd: search issue] Duplicating contents of DB within same DBwith different prefixIstvan Hubay Cebrian22 Feb
  • Re: [Fwd: search issue] Duplicating contents of DB within same DB with different prefixMartijn Tonies22 Feb
    • Re: [Fwd: search issue] Duplicating contents of DB within same DBwith different prefixIstvan Hubay Cebrian22 Feb
  • Re: Duplicating contents of DB within same DB with different prefixMichael Dykman22 Feb
  • Re: [Fwd: search issue] Duplicating contents of DB within same DBwith different prefixIstvan Hubay Cebrian22 Feb