List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:colbey Date:February 5 2007 5:04pm
Subject:Re: max_allowed_packet in my.ini
View as plain text
Don't store binary data in large blobs - You should instead chunk your
data for better performance and no packet limitation issues.

Good implementation article at: http://www.dreamwerx.net/phpforum/?id=1

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, abhishek jain wrote:

> On 2/3/07, abhishek jain <mail@stripped> wrote:
> >
> > Hi friends,
> > I am using mysql 5.0.23-nt on windows, i have to store large binary data
> > in database, i have used setting like max_allowed_packet=16M in mysqld
> > section of my.ini  .
> > Now i have a poblem that i want to create a setup so that the entry gets
> > added itself into the my,ini , reason being i need to create many setups on
> > diff. machine and i do not want to search the mysqld section and write the
> > line and restart mysql . I can however would like to do via mysqladmin or so
> > if it is possible as i can invoke that via mine .net program
> >
> > Would appreciate your comments on this,
> > Thanks .
> > Abhishek jain
> >

> Hi Friends.
> Pl. reply,
> Thanks,
> Abhishek jain

Thread
max_allowed_packet in my.iniabhishek jain2 Feb
  • MYSQL on windows -- Max numberCharles Brown2 Feb
    • MYSQL under windows -- Max number of instancesCharles Brown5 Feb
      • Re: MYSQL under windows -- Max number of instancesDaniel da Veiga5 Feb
  • Re: max_allowed_packet in my.iniabhishek jain5 Feb
    • Re: max_allowed_packet in my.iniDan Nelson5 Feb
    • Re: max_allowed_packet in my.inicolbey5 Feb
  • Re: max_allowed_packet in my.iniViSolve DB Team5 Feb