List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ViSolve DB Team Date:February 5 2007 7:12am
Subject:Re: max_allowed_packet in my.ini
View as plain text
Hi,

AFAWK, if you modify any of the variables in the .cnf, obviously have to
restart mysql.  no other go.
To transmit between client and server you need to configure both the client
and the server.  Through .cnf you are configuring the server variable and
for client you can go for either mysql or mysqldump.

shell> mysql --max_allowed_packet=32M
or using
mysql> set @@SESSION.max_allowed_packet=32M;
mysql> show variables like "max%";