List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:December 7 1999 8:41am
Subject:Re: newbie
View as plain text
At 4:17 PM -0700 12/6/99, Sasha Pachev wrote:
>grig wrote:
> >
> > Why I don't have this binaries : myswql_connect in my subdir /mysql/bin ?
> > i want to mix mysql with php , but I don't have this ? From where I can
> > download ; and I try to connect MySql+Apache+PHP .
> > Mysql prompt is good an I have a small table who I want to see in Netscape
> > ,but I don't have mysql_connect for php script .
> >
> > I forgot to download this or ...........??
> >
> > Thanks in advance !!
> >
> > Daniel
> >

>Could you please be more specific -- describe what commands you
>executed, what output you expected, and what output you received.

Do you mean you are getting an 'unsupported or undefined function
mysql_connect()' error from PHP? This means that PHP hasn't been
compiled with mysql support. You'll have to recompile using (for
example)

	--with-mysql=/path/to/mysql/client/library

If you are using one of the PHP precompiled binaries, well, I don't
know which ones have been compiled with mysql support. The Windows
version is, I think.

If this is a PHP-related error, you might try asking on the PHP list
for compilation/configuration help.

- steve

+--------------- my people are the people of the dessert, ---------------+
| Steve Edberg                           University of California, Davis |
| sbedberg@stripped                                     (530)754-9127 |
| Computer Consultant                         http://aesric.ucdavis.edu/ |
+---------------- said t e lawrence, picking up his fork ----------------+
Thread